This is everything i've learned in my entire life summed up in a few sentences:
Put God first. Don't try to solve your own problems, pray God will solve them for you. Chase what lasts forever. Nothing in this life lasts forever. Be humble. Be thankful. Don't be impulsive.
That's all. In order to achieve the first 4 sentences, you must follow the fifth.
Humility. Recently, we recieved a lecture about humility. It encompasses so many different elements. All of which are essential to me, in becoming the the man that I want to be.
Never put myself first. Put God first. Satan offered Christ all the kingdoms of this world. Satan will offer me everything I could ever want in this life. Success. Women. Money. A happy life.
But I will deny myself. chasing worldly things is the same thing as chasing the moment. Why only live in the moment, when you can live forever?
Humility is about sacrifice. It's about not pursuing my best interests, if they're not in the best interests of God.
They want this material thing. That material thing. I don't want any of that, so they tell me to dream bigger.
My dreams ARE bigger. I'm chasing something greater. What I'm chasing is above it all. That's why I'm here. This IS my big picture. Success here in this world, would be nice. But, man, I have bigger fish to fry.
Besides, I have the All Powerful, on my side. So even if life is harder this way, I'll be alleviated.
It's not about having the Good Life. It's about having the Eternal Life. Blessed.
-Dan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment