Thursday, October 15, 2009

Education.
They say it’s
So imperative to me.
And if that’s not my belief,
I’m running in a detrimental direction.
Away from the things I aspire to achieve.
I see and half-heartedly,
I agree.

But this isn’t what I imagined.
This isn’t what I dreamed.
An education at GCC?
This is key?
This is key.
And keys open doors.
But if all along, I was supposed to go
Through a door.
Then what do
‘Windows of opportunity’ exist for?

How am I to make a difference?
They tell you to dream big as a child.
But when you grow up,
The world teaches you to forget what you’ve envisioned.

I wanted to be an artist.
I wanted to inspire.
Be admired.
Show the world through my eyes.
But that won’t give me the life that I desire.

Why the hell should I go to med school?
A question with no concrete answer.
A dilemma ensues.
Caught between two twos.
Either I Lose.
Or I Lose.

It’s just a reality we can’t deny.
We create our dreams,
Then watch them die
A slow and painful death.
We bury them.
Write them elegies.
We Cry.
We Regret.

The sad truth is that it’s time to forget
The things I’ll write.
The things I haven’t thought up yet.
The things I wish I was.
The things that I believed.
All the things I love.
Because none of these will ever be.

My contributions to this world
Will be forgotten before they were ever learned.

A tired poet sets down his pen.
Buries his own hopes.
Prays. And waits for the end.

-Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment